Experiences on a Mystics Journey

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Gandhi

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Earnest goes to God

Good Morning my friends. I pray you are well, and smiling at this very moment.
There is something that has been on my mind for a while now, and I trust that it is time for me to share it. I will be gentle, and careful in expressing it. It may be a new way of seeing things for some. It may be an old way of looking at things for others. It may challenge you. My intention is to share what I know to be true. It is your choice as to what you do with this information.

I studied in Israel when I was 17. Hod ha'Sharon was my home, and I was with an organization called High School in Israel. The bible was our textbook. The country of Israel was our classroom. It was a life-altering experience for me, and I will treasure it's gifts for eternity. I became very familiar with the bible, as an Orthodox Rabbi was my teacher. We even studied the new testament, and I was in Bethlehem on Christmas Eve in 1980. It was *****Magical*****!

There is a bibilical philosphy that weaves itself through every fiber of thought and belief within me. It is found in Hebrews 11:6, Deuteronomy 4:29, Proverbs 2:1-6, Matthew 7:7-11, John 14:21. The message is captured in Jeremiah 29:13:
You will seek me and you will find me when you seek me with your heart.

I believe the bible is truth. I also believe that God cannot be explained or described in one book. God is much grander than the bible. Yet, without a bible, and simply an earnest heart, we can know the magnitude of God in a very real and personal way. The verses listed above reiterate this message. We are repeatedly reassured that all we need is an earnest heart seeking Him.

We are also told repeatedly not to judge one another. Job 13 & 14 has a beautiful way of describing this. Jesus reminds us also, Judge not lest ye be judged.

So we are not to judge each others search for God, or Truth. We have become self-proclaimed experts at seeing anyone who's spiritual path is different than our own as being wrong. My dear fellow humans, different does not mean wrong. It is our God given birthright to choose how we live our lives. This is called free will. We can choose to look for God, to deny Him, or to ignore Him. Yes, this is our choice, and we are given it freely. We are honored by God, with this choice.

People have found God on a piece of french toast, a watermark on a stuccoed wall, a stain in a sink, ink on a paper, colors in the sky, the random patterns in tiles, in someone else and within their own hearts. We are guaranteed that if we seek Him, He will show Hisveryownself to us, and we will find Him. This is an eternal warranty.


So we see our african american sister in her meditation room, surrounded by crystals, crosses and the Star of David. Statues of Buddha, Quan Yin, Mother Mary, Jesus and Mohammad fill the shelf space in the nook. Quotes by Gandhi, Christ, Thich Hat Nanh, ML King, Rumi, Mohammed, Buddha, Proverbs, Job, Solomon and Einstein cover the walls. A candle is lit. She sits still and quiet and goes within in her very own heart.
She has found God. They meet in her heart and embrace. She shares experiences, He shares truth. They see the breathless beauty in one another, and realize that they are only a reflection of each other's Light.

Does she have a personal relationship with God? Absolutely.

Do we encourage her to seek Him out? Yes, the bible encourages us to.

Do we judge the path she needed to walk to find Him? It is only God's place to judge her journey, for He has walked every step with her in her heart.

Do we envision a world where we trust that every earnest journey to find God is a Holy One?
Yes, every second, of every minute of every day. And then we celebrate all paths. They will reveal the truth to the pioneers that walk them. The more we honor the God within each other, the more readily the Truth will be found, embraced and shared on Earth as it is in Heaven.

May we join together in experiencing life, and truth.
We Are One.
XOX
Laurie

2 comments:

Rick said...

Many paths lead to the same end. It is the understanding of the higher principles of being, love, grace and patience being a few, that lead us in the correct direction.

The Bible is a collection of works, divinely inspired. Just as man falls short of perfection, his creations are not perfect.

There is no higher purpose than being a loving person

J said...

I'm out of it . . .

Elijah is who I meant:

IIKngs2:11


11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Lemme know if you run across my brain?