Experiences on a Mystics Journey

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Gandhi

Monday, March 15, 2010

Remnants of Winter


Hello.

I am privileged to be able to watch the sun rise from my back porch. Scattered along the horizon are the living skeletons of trees. Without foliage you can see the detailed expression of their forms. Limbs lifted upward, branching into the sky, reaching for the light. They are a living wooden expression of praise to the Light, arms uplifted to behold and receive all that they need.
Winter's signature is all about. Through the cold and oft times bleak setting, the tree's hold the sacred space of being-ness.
Often it is when we are exposed to the world that we may appear lifeless and feel seemingly alone. Our true selves extend our arms outward, with nothing left to hide us. It is a daring and bold move, yet liberating in it's very nature.
I had the gift of learning a bit of someone's heart yesterday. They offered me the same gift. It was a genuine and beautiful display of honesty and courage. Like most, I have spent a great deal of effort in camoflouging my essence with leaves of agenda, control and fear. It would not be a stretch to say I tried to make the outer expression of me an unusual creation. For to be simply me, perhaps, would not be enough. Then I learned to exhale into life. I stopped judging myself, and who I was. I removed restrictions from how I "appeared", and "showed up" for life. That's when I began to live(the verb) my life, and my life began living me. When I allowed my agenda to fall to the ground like the leaves of autumn decorating the earth, I got a good view of what and who I was. It is rare to find a kind soul that is able to be present and view the truth of who we are, without judging us. It is a gift, beyond words, to share the absolute nakedness of who we are and not be judged for it. Yesterday I wass afforded this priceless treasure of being "seen".
Although I have not had the chance to watch "Avatar" the movie, I have heard great things about it. As I understand it, the race of blue people in the movie acknowledge and validate each other's true existence through the exchange of the phrase "I see You."
Often it seems quite risky to allow someone the opportunity to "see You". The way we judge others clammers in our minds and we assume that others will judge us in the same fashion. In a moment of Divine intercession, a miracle is born, and there appears out of seemingly nowhere, a validation of our journey. Being still enough inside to allow ourselves to witness another's soul without judgement is Christlike and Holy. Being the recipient of this, is humbling and enriching.

It has been a journey for me to understand and believe that what I have to say is worth being heard. I realize that I have to believe that what I have to say has worth. Hearing it from someone who barely knows me though, gave me Joy.

Today, as I look at the sunrise and appreciate the skeletal system of the tree's, I notice the small eager buds on the tips of their branches. Oh how that emulates the feeling I have today. I was seen yesterday in my raw and real state, and I was valued. Today, on the branches of my life there are buds of hope, joy and love brimming with new life. I am grateful.

The sacred and divine within me greets the saced and divine within you, and it is there, that we are One.
Blessings,
Laurie

No comments: